Current Standard Solution:
75F can control many Mitsubishi VRF systems by using the PAC-US444CN-1 or PAC-US445CN-1 interface adapter. The adapter allows a field-supplied 24v thermostat to control a VRF or mini split indoor unit through the CN105 connector.
Picture a small electrical room or IT closet that is served by a VRF system or a mini-split and you want visibility and control of that space. Using a Hyperstat and applicable thermostat adapter the Hyperstat can be used for basic temperature control.
How does it work:
A Hyperstat is installed in the space and is connected to the indoor fan coil control board via the PAC-US44xCN-1 interface adapter. The adapter allows the end user to adjust the thermostat's desired temperature setpoint to their desired comfort level. Using the Hyperstat and thermostat adapter users can also switch between heating and cooling modes. Users can control the fan speed or set the fan mode to auto through the thermostat.
There are a few advantages to using the Hyperstat to control a mini-split system or VRF fan coil. Advantages such as advanced scheduling features allow users to set different temperature setpoints for multiple periods of the day or week. Another advantage is the visibility of the hyperstats onboard CO2 (ppm), VOC (ppb), sound (dB), Illuminance (lux), and humidity (RH%) sensors. The visibility of the Hyperstats onboard sensors provides valuable insight into space indoor air quality (IAQ).There is also the ability to enable and disable the system based on space occupancy and an option to integrate the Hyperstat into a key card access system for advanced energy-saving zone control.
Wiring and Configuration:
Please reference the compatibility of the PAC-US444CN-1 thermostat interface adapter with your fan coil here:
Please reference the compatibility of the PAC-US445CN-1 thermostat interface adapter with your fan coil here: https://www.mylinkdrive.com/USA/Controls/InputOutput_Modules/Thermostat_Interface_for_Module/PAC_US445CN_1?product
Below see the wiring and configuration for integrating a Hyperstat with a Mitsubishi mini-split or VRF fan coil. You want to pay attention to the installation documents for both the fan coil and thermostat adapter because there are dip switches on the adapter that may need to be configured for your particular fan coil.
Please reference the PAC US444CN-1 Installation Manual here
Please reference the PAC US445CN-1 Installation Manual here
Below is a wiring diagram for a zone with two stages of cooling and heating.
Using the Hyperstat to control a VRF fan coil or mini split fan coil is a seamless easily deployable solution suitable for scenarios where simplicity and cost-effectiveness are the primary concerns.
In addition, the use of the Hyperstat's onboard sensors or the addition of components such as emergency pan overflow switches or CTs offer additional monitoring points adding valuable insight into the operation of the fan coil or mini split system.
For additional information refer to:
Compatible Indoor Units:
- GL Series: MSZ-GL06NA-U1, MSZ-GL09NA-U1, MSZ-GL12NA-U1, MSZ-GL15NA-U1, MSZ-GL18NA-U1, MSZ-GL24NA-U1, MSY-GL09NA-U1, MSY-GL12NA-U1, MSY-GL15NA-U1, MSY-GL18NA-U1, MSY-GL24NA-U1
- FH Series: MSZ-FH06NA, MSZ-FH09NA, MSZ-FH12NA, MSZ-FH15NA, MSZ-FH18NA2
- EF Series: MSZ-EF09NAB-U1, MSZ-EF09NAS-U1, MSZ-EF09NAW-U1, MSZ-EF12NAB-U1, MSZ-EF12NAS-U1, MSZ-EF12NAW-U1, MSZ-EF15NAB-U1, MSZ-EF15NAS-U1, MSZ-EF15NAW-U1, MSZ-EF18NAB-U1, MSZ-EF18NAS-U1, MSZ-EF18NAW-U1
- P Series: PKA-A12HA7, PKA-A18HA7,PKA-A24KA7, PKA-A30KA7, PKA-A36KA7
- KD Series: SEZ-KD09NA4R1.TH, SEZ-KD12NA4R1.TH, SEZ-KD15NA4R1.TH, SEZ-KD18NA4R1.TH
- P Series: PEAD-A09AA7, PEAD-A12AA7, PEAD-A15AA7, PEAD-A18AA7, PEAD-A24AA7, PEAD-A30AA7, PEAD-A36AA7, PEAD-A42AA7
- KF Series: SLZ-KF09NA, SLZ-KF12NA, SLZ-KF15NA, SLZ-KF18NA
- KP Series: MLZ-KP09NA, MLZ-KP12NA, MLZ-KP18NA
- P Series: PLA-A12EA7, PLA-A18EA7, PLA-A24EA7, PLA-A30EA7, PLA-A36EA7, PLA-A42EA7
- MFZ-KJ09NA-U1, MFZ-KJ12NA-U1, MFZ-KJ15NA-U1, MFZ-KJ18NA-U1
Multi Position Air Handler
- KP: SVZ-KP12NA, SVZ-KP18NA, SVZ-KP24NA, SVZ-KP30NA, SVZ-KP36NA
- P Series: PVA-A12AA7, PVA-A18AA7, PVA-A24AA7, PVA-A30AA7, PVA-A36AA7, PVA-A42AA7
- P Series: PCA-A24KA7, PCA-A30KA7, PCA-A36KA7, PCA-A42KA7