- Take all precautions normally taken when installing a thermostat (e.g. not in direct sunlight, not on an exterior wall, not near heat producing equipment)
- Disconnect power before installing. Never connect or disconnect wiring with power applied
- Install in accordance with all State and local codes.
- VOC/ CO2
- Lux levels
- Occupancy Detection
- Local interface
- Wireless communication to Central Control Unit (CCU)
- Operating Environment: 0°F – 122°F
- Max Power Consumption: 3.9VA
Mounting Guidelines. Some of the sensors on the Smart Stat are location dependent. If you plan to use occupancy, make sure that the Smart Stat faces the room. If you plan to use Dynamic Light Balancing make sure the Stat is not in direct sunlight or facing a very dark corner of the room.
Mount the Smart Stat back (Sub base). Level the Smart Stat in the desired mounting location and mark the holes on each side. Drill a 5/16” hole and insert the provided anchors. Screw the sub base into place using the provided #6-32 1” screws.
Mount the Smart Stat. Take the front half of the Smart Stat, line up with the sub base, and push until you hear a snap on each side.
Wiring a Smart Stat. Wiring a Smart Stat may vary depending on the type of equipment you choose. Please reference the application specific wiring diagram for your case. Below indicates a conventional or a heat pump wiring schematic. Take note of the existing stat wire color coding as it may vary from the wiring schematics here.
Heat Pump Wiring
1. Using a small piece of stiff wire or an Allan wrench, push and hold the MODE button on the upper left perimeter of the Smart Stat until “Advertising” is displayed.
2. On the CCU press “Pair Module” from Setup > Settings > Floor plan > Your zone.
3. Follow the steps on the CCU and choose the type of equipment this Smart Stat will be controlling. Choosing the correct equipment type is critical for the 75F algorithms to control the equipment.
4. Enter the PIN displayed on the Smart Stat on the CCU to confirm intended device being paired.
3. When the Bluetooth pairing process is complete on the Tablet the Smart Stat module will read only “Waiting for 900Mhz” until the CM and Tablet are reconnected. Now pair other modules or snap the Tablet back onto the CM. The Smart Stat will begin communicating over the 900Mhz channel. Once communicating over long range the Smart Stat will display relevant information.
| CONFIGURATION / CONFIRMATION
Configure the Smart Stat. Once the Smart Stat pairs successfully the CCU will display the Smart Stat room parameters. Here you will need to select the equipment and external sensors that the Smart Stat will be controlling.