The Wall Sensor adds a high precision temperature and humidity sensor that is pre calibrated from the factory.
| How It Works
The Wall Sensor uses a proprietary 1-wire protocol to communicate with a master device such as an SmartNode, SmartStat and HyperStat. In principle,
- Temperature (typical +/-0.2C)
- Humidity (typical +/- 2% R.H.)
3 wire interfaces for power and communication
- Wall Sensor can be daisy chained with other sensors on the 1-wire bus to provide extensible sensor network.
The Wall Sensor is easily mounted on a wall by a single toggle bolt.
The sensor plugs into the standard 3wire sensor bus that 75F offers on its Nodes and Stats.
The 3 Pin connector connects to the sensor as shown below
With its capability to be a part of the daisy chain, combining it with other sensors in the bus, using the daisy chain adapter, and with 3 Pin to 3 Pin cable of lengths 18 inch, 20, 30 and 50 feet, the Wall Sensor can be made a part of the Daisy Chain as Below.
When Daisy Chained
- Not more than 1 wall sensors can be daisy chained in a Bus, because there is no address setting mechanism in it
- The temperature and Humidity to the master is average of the values from all the sensors in the Bus.
For more information on the Daisy Chaining capability refer Daisy Chaining Capabilities of Sensors
| Other Capabilities
When the top cover is removed, the Wall Sensor provides the user with additional capabilities.
- At 1 it is a reset button to reset the sensor.
- At 2 is switch that allow the user, to set the SmartNode which is connected to the Wall Sensor into pairing mode, without having to access the actual SmartNode which is installed at the plenum in the building. This can avoid the need to reach the SmartNode to set it to pairing mode.
- The Pair button will have to be pressed for between 3 to 6 seconds, to set the SmartNode to pairing mode.