5 Minute Read
| User Management
User Management is a method by which you create, remove and maintain your user store. User management not only establishes a user’s authorization to access secure resources, but also serves as a repository of identities and, if done efficiently, can be the source of all identities for an organization.
| Types of Users
| The different types of users are:
The organization manager is a high-level abstraction, who has access to all the sites under an organization.
These sites would all be listed and visible on the facilisight, Facility Manager Portal. The organization manager is a primary facility manager with extended access to all the sites in the organization.
- There can be only one Organization manager per site
- Can Add/edit/delete Secondary Facility Managers/Occupants for the buildings (Can add only one, and the first Secondary Facility Manager to the site)
- Added by the support team post the CCU registration.
Note: An organization is created during the CCU registration, and the Organization managers are assigned post creation of an organization.
Primary Facility Managers:
- There can be only one Primary facility manager per site
- Can Add/edit/delete Secondary Facility Managers/Secondary Installers/Occupants
- Responsible for site user management
- Added during CCU registration
These users are assigned specific buildings, and as they log into the Facilisight portal, they see their designated sites listed.
Secondary Facility Managers:
The Secondary Manager has the same functionality as the Primary,
- Can Add/edit/delete Occupants for the Building
- Added post CCU registration by either primary facility managers or Organization managers.
| Accessing User Management
- Log onto the Facilisight portal. The current version of Facilisight is v16
From the Facilisight home page
- Click the menu icon.
- Click User Management.
The User Management page is displayed.
You can use this page to add, edit, or delete the Secondary Facility Managers/Occupants for the Building based on whether you have logged in as an Organization Manager /Primary Facility Manager/Secondary Facility Managers, who constitute the team, to manage the buildings/building level information in the Facilisight.
| Adding New User
You can add a Secondary facility manager, Primary Installer & Secondary Installer based on your role.
From the User Management page.
- Type in the Email ID or name of the user in the search box. This is an incremental search and will list out any existing matched users.
If the user does not already exist,
- Click '+' next to the Add User option.
The add user window is displayed.
- Enter the following fields as part of user management:
Enter the email address of the person.
Enter the first name of the person.
Enter the last name of the person.
Select the country.
Enter the phone number of the user.
Note: The phone number is validated against the valid number types for the country selected, and a message is displayed if the number entered does not meet the cri teria.
Select a role.
Note: the list displays secondary Manager, Primary Installer, and Secondary Installer, or any of the three that is applicable for the type of user
| User Preference Setting
With the 75system adapting to the globalized usage, the system lets the user set the preferred units with which the data is displayed in the portals and apps.
Note: By default, the user preferences are set as follows:
The below table explains the additions in the user management section for setting the user preferences.
- Select the required in the following fields as part of user preference management:
|Field Name||Description||Unit in drop down|
Select the preferred unit for the parameter Temperature.
|Energy Consumption||Select the preferred unit for the parameter Energy Consumption.||kWh, kBTU, tonrefh, GJ|
|Airflow Volume||Select the preferred unit for the parameter Airflow Temperacome.||cfm, m3h, L/min, L/s|
|Air Pressure||Select the preferred unit for the parameter Air Pressure.||inH2O, mmH2O, cmH2O, Pa|
|Water Pressure||Select the preferred unit for the parameter Water Pressure.||bar, psi kPa|
|Water Flow||Select the preferred unit for the parameter Water flow.||gal/min, m3h, L/min, L/s|
- Click Add+.
A message that the user is added successfully appears.
| Modifying Existing User
- Locate the user you want to modify by entering the email ID or the name in the Search box. This is an incremental search and will list out any existing matching users.
- Click the Edit icon.
The Edit screen is displayed.
- Enter/edit/select all the necessary changes.
- Click Save Edit.
A message that the user is updated successfully appears.
| Deleting Existing User
- Locate the user you want to modify by entering the email ID or name in the Search box. This is an incremental search and will list out any existing matching users.
- Click the Deleteicon.
A confirmation window is displayed.
- Click Confirm.
A message that the user is deleted successfully appears. The user is now moved to Unassigned Users.
- Click Unassigned Users and search for the user you just deleted, to delete the user permanently.
- Click Delete.
A confirmation window is displayed.
- Click Confirm.
The user is permanently deleted from the system.