4 Minute Read
A Named schedule is a type of schedule that is introduced in the 75F system to make life easier for the Facility and the Organization managers. Being an organization manager who handles the BMS for multiple buildings, or a facility manager who handles many zones in a building. It was a tedious and time-consuming task to go and add or update the zone schedules for the individual zones in every building handled. With the introduction of the Named Schedule in the 75F system, the organization manager can set schedules for individual zones in multiple buildings. It is achieved with just a selection from a dropdown. And when the set schedule is to be changed, making the change in the named schedule created will update the change in all the places the schedule is applied to.
| Accessing Named Schedules
The named schedule can be accessed from the both internal and Facilisight portals.
From the Facilisight portal.
- Click the menu icon and select Named Schedule.
The named schedule screen is displayed.
- Select the organization scope in the select organization field.
Once an organization is selected the screen displays all the named schedules already created for the organization.
The table below explains the fields on the screen.
|Search||You can use this field to search for a particular named schedule in the list using keywords if there are a lot of named schedules available for the organization.|
|Rows per page||You can use this field to select an option for the number of rows of named schedules, that can be listed per page.|
|Next & Previous screen||You can use this field to toggle between the next and previous pages for the results. if the row per page opted for is minimum|
| Creating Named Schedules
To create the named schedules.
- Click the option Add Named Schedule.
The add-named schedule window is displayed.
- Enter the schedule name and description.
Note: Special characters are not allowed in the name of the named schedule.
- Click save to create the schedule.
The named schedule is created with the default desired temperature and working week schedule.
| Editing Named Schedules
To edit the named schedules.
- Click the edit icon next to the schedule.
The schedule edit window is displayed, with the schedules for editing, the option to add a new schedule, and a section with the details of the zones to which the named schedule is applied to.
- Carry out the necessary edits on the desired temperature, schedule timings, and number of days.
Note: The set desired temperatures can overlap without varying the other (the Heating Desired Temperature without varying the Cooling Desired Temperature, and the Cooling Desired Temperature without varying the Heating Desired) based on a certain criterion set. For more information refer to the article on Overlapping User limits for Heating and Cooling
- Click the Add entry to add a new entry to the schedule.
- Click Save to confirm the changes made to the schedule and finalize the named schedule created.
The confirmation is displayed.
You can add a schedule of 24 hours
| Rules for Editing the Named Schedule Once Applied to Zones
Once a named schedule is applied for a zone or zones in the same building or multiple buildings. The named schedule creation screen displays the details of the same as below.
Certain guidelines are set for editing the Named schedule to avoid confusions and haphazardness that can occur when named schedules are edited without these rules.
As a Primary / Secondary Facility Manager
- You can always edit a named schedule if the same is not applied to any zones in any buildings.
- You can edit the named schedule if it is applied to zo in only in the building, where you are a Primary Facility Manager.
- You cannot edit a named schedule if the same is applied in the zones across more than one building
As an Organization Manager
- You can always edit a named schedule irrespective of applying to any building zone.
And when a named schedule applied to zones is attempted to edit with values that do not meet the criteria for the desired temperatures, a warning message displays during the editing process as below.
This reduces the efforts of the user to go back to editing after applying.
As a part of the Globalization Support
As a part of globalization, once the temperature unit preferences are set in the user management section, the same is cascaded to all the areas the named schedule has its effect as below.
Changes Observed in Audit Trail
Any changes in the name schedule will appear in the Audit Trail for actions such as Add, Edit, and Delete.
- If a named schedule is created, the audit trail will capture it as an 'Added' action; will capture the name of the named schedule; schedule entry Mon-Sun, desired temps, and start/end time for each entry.
- If a named schedule is deleted, the audit trail will capture it as a 'Deleted' action, which will capture the name of the named schedule
- Audit trail will also capture if a named schedule is applied to any zone, or any other schedule applied.
- If the schedule is changed from any zone to Named Schedule. It will capture it as 'Edited', and will capture the name of the zone, and the change.