The 75F BMS (Building Management System) uses several sensors to sense various parameters in the building these sensors communicate the sensed information to different types of smart devices which can be a Smart Node, Helio Node, Smart stat, and Hyperstat. The sensors are usually wired to smart devices.
The smart devices collect information from the sensors and sense certain other parameters themselves.
All of this information is aggregated in the CCU. The communication happens via Bluetooth connectivity with which the smart devices are paired to the CCU.
The aggregated information in turn is communicated to the BMS applications (Facilisight and Internal portals) for viewing by the facility manager/support folks. The communication is facilitated by the CM via the 900 MHz mesh network where the CCU tablet is mounted.
Transmission speed is an option that is made available in the CM (Control Mote) and the smart devices for the user to decide on the type of transmission speed which is the speed at which all the data that is aggregated is transmitted to the BMS applications.
| Transmission Speed
The transmission speeds used in the 75F system are of two types and are set in both the CM (Control Mote)
Note: The Transmission speed type set in the CM (Control Mote) should always match the transmission speed type set in the smart devices for proper communication.
Low Transmission Speed:
The 'Low' transmission speed is the default mode where the transmission happens via the digital modulation technique BPSK Modulation, and the data is transmitted at a speed of 40 Kbit/ sec.
Medium Transmission Speed:
The 'Medium' transmission speed is where the transmission happens via the digital modulation technique QPSK Modulation, and the data is transmitted at a speed of 250 Kbit/ sec.
| Setting Transmission Speed in the HyperStat
From the home UI screen of the HyperStat.
- Press the + & -buttons together to navigate to the other screens of the Hyperstat.
The Inputs screen is displayed initially.
- Press the next button to navigate to the Installer options screen.
- Press the down arrow button to navigate to the Transmission speed option.
- Press the select option to access the Transmission speed option.
By default, the Transmission speed is “Low” speed where the transmission happens via the digital modulation technique BPSK Modulation, and the data is transmitted at a speed of 40 Kbit/ sec.
- Press the down arrow or up button to set the Transmission speed option to “Medium" speed. Where the transmission happens via the digital modulation technique QPSK Modulation, and the data is transmitted at a speed of 250 Kbit/ sec.
- Press the Back button to confirm the selection.
The Transmission speed for the HyperStat gets changed.