3 Minute Read
The 75F® on the software side supports profiles to support Modbus based Energy Meter, which uses Modbus as a communication protocol to communicate with the BMS, The profile is used to aggregate the consumption data of the Energy Meter and plot the aggregated data in the trending charts of 75F BMS application the Facilisight and the Facilisight mobile app
The 75F system provides three kinds of profiles that supports the Modbus Energy Meter energy consumption data reading and aggregation in BMS.
- A Modbus Energy Meter profile can be configured at the system level to track the energy consumption of a larger area in the building where a CCU is used to aggregate the consumption data and visualize in the BMS.
- A Modbus Energy Meter profile can be configured at the zone level to track the energy consumption of a smaller area in the building where a CCU is used to aggregate the consumption data and visualize in the BMS.
- A Modbus Energy Meter profile can be configured at the zone level to track the energy consumption of a smaller area in the building, where smart node is used to aggregate the consumption information to a CCU which in turn is visualized in the BMS.
The Energy Meter is connected using a twisted pair shielded cable which gets connected, to a USB to RS485 converter which is inserted into the USB A slot of the CCU as shown above.
for more information on Modbus wiring/ cabling refer Modbus Wring and General Guidelines.
|Configuring a Modbus Energy Meter Profile at System level.
From the CCU zone page.
- Click the settings icon.
The floor layout screen is displayed.
- Click the System Devices >>Modbus Energy Meter.
- Click the Pair Module option
The Modbus Energy Meter profile configuration screen is displayed.
- Click the equipment type drop-down to select a equipment type from the available list.
- Click the slave Id drop-down to select a slave Id number from the list.
|Line Voltage (R phase)||V|
|Line Voltage (Y phase)||V|
|Line Voltage (B phase)||V|
|Phase Current (Average)||A|
|Phase Current (R)||A|
|Phase Current (Y Phase)||A|
|Phase Current (B Phase)||A|
|Summation of kWh||
- Enable or disable the parameter to show up in the UI of the CCU and the portals.
Note: Parameter not enabled is still tracked and can be used for the PAM dashboards and other custom widgets, just that they are not visible in the UI of the portals in the widget screen, and the CCU system screen.
- Click Set to confirm the configuration changes made.
The Modbus Energy Meter profile at system level is configured and ready for visualization in the CCU.
Note: Once a Modbus Energy Meter is added as a system profile in CCU then adding another energy meter as system profile with the CCU is not allowed.
Once the Energy meter is configured in the CCU it can be visualized from both the CCU and the Facilisight as below.
| Accessing Modbus Energy Meter System Profile from CCU
From the CCU zones page.
- Click System.
The configured modbus EM profile information can be visualized as below.
| Accessing Modbus Energy Meter System Profile from Facilisight
From Facilisight home page.
- Select the Site in scope.
- Click the CCU for which the Modbus Energy Meter is paired as a system profile.
Under the CCU settings in the system visualization the details of the paired system level Modbus Energy Meter is visualized as below.