The HyperStat device now comes with a pin-based locking mechanism. This provides the facility managers, and installers with an option to set a 4-digit PIN that would lock the HyperStat, and avoid further interaction of other users with the device. This provides an additional level of security, from users meddling with the device and modifying the system parameters.
| Setting the Lock Device Pin
The 4-digit device locking PIN can be set from various places. but the preferred is from the device itself.
From the HyperStat device home screen.
- Use the button or the slider to set the required number for the digit of the PIN.
- Use the button to navigate to other digits of the PIN, and set the required number for the Digits as below.
- Repeat the above step to set the complete PIN.
- Configure the complete PIN.
- Press the submit button to confirm the configured PIN.
The PIN set successful message is displayed.
The installer options screen displays
| Confirm Device Lock and Unlock Device
- Navigate to the home screen.
- Press the + & - buttons together to navigate to the other screens of the HyperStat
The screen to enter the lock PIN, to unlock the interactivity displays.
- Use the down arrow button or slider & right arrow button to enter the configured PIN.
- Press the submit button to confirm unlocking.
The device unlocked message displays, and the device interactivity is unlocked.
Note: An OTA update would not affect the set PIN.
When an incorrect PIN is entered as below.
Incorrect pin entered and try again message displays.
Note: The home screen displays immediately, for the user to retry the PIN.
There are no limits for the PIN retry.