Using a 75F Edge 10, a steam heat exchanger can be controlled in the form of a simple configurable controller. The Edge 10 will come pre-programmed for a true plug-and-play experience and without the need to self-program. We will also provide parameters for PID loop tuning on the CCU so access to the wire sheets and point configuration is not needed.
- This solution does not require an internet connection to the Edge 10, only to the CCU.
- The solution controls two modulating valves (1/3 valve and 2/3 valve) based on supply water temperature.
- The controller does not include pump control. See the following application note:
- Heat Exchanger controller provides a digital output to enable the pump system.
- The Heat Exchanger system requires a pump status or flow switch (configurable) in a digital signal.
- System will be enabled on an adjustable outdoor air temp setpoint.
- Supply water temperature setpoint is reset based on Outdoor Air Temp.
- Requires a 2-10 vdc actuator for both valves.
VFD Points List:
- Supply Water Temp
- Return Water Temp
- Outdoor Air Temp
- Loop Flow
- Pump Status
- Pump System Enable
- 1/3 Valve Position Command
- 2/3 Valve Position Command
- Outdoor Air Temp System Enable Setpoint
- Supply Water Temp Alarm
- Supply Water Temp System Lockout
- Supply Water Temp System Lockout Reset
- Loop Flow or Pump Status Enable Selection
- Loop Flow/Pump Status System Enable Delay
- Supply Water Temp Setpoint Reset Min/Max
- Outdoor Air Temp Setpoint Reset Min/Max
- PID Loop Tuning for Valves
- Minimum Output
- Maximum Output
- Ramp Time (Minutes)