HyperStat is an ideal option for smaller Roof Top Units but does not have the ability to natively perform economizer control. In many applications, standalone economizer controllers, such as the Honeywell JADE, are used to control the economizer as a supplement to the HyperStat.
When a standalone economizer control like the Honeywell JADE is used, the is not way to connect them to a BMS, therefore you have no visibility into the state of the economizer unless you add a I/O device tied into a BMS. JADEs also rely on CO2 sensors that are placed in the return duct, which only will accurately measure CO2 levels when the RTU fan is running.
With a HyperStat, a Honeywell Jade may be installed or left in place as the economizer controller. The HyperStat will directly control the RTU with it's configurable relays with the native 75F sequences. The HyperStat can also monitor the fault state of the Economizer, while providing historical data and remote alerting through Facilisight. If desired, the HyperStat may also be used for Demand Control Ventilation with it's onboard CO2 sensor and 0-10 VDC Analog Outputs.
- Lower cost implementation while exceeding benefits of a traditional BMS.
- Faults from the economizer controller can be remotely monitored, data historized, and generate remote alerts via email, text, and mobile or desktop push notifications.
- DCV is no longer reliant on a fan running, providing more accurate demand control ventilation and reducing cost during periods of low occupancy.
- Existing economizer controller can be reused, reducing overall job cost.
- Reduced overall install cost by using 75F.
- All of the benefits of 75F Facilisight and the data from the 8 onboard sensors from the HyperStat.
- Requires a Honeywell Jade Economizer Module Model W7220.
- Custom alerts for alarm relay to be programmed by 75F Support
- See diagram below for terminations:
Honeywell JADE Configuration:
- To configure the DCV setpoint go to : 'SETPOINTS --> DCV SET' set to '1000ppm'
- To configure Auxiliary Output 1 to alarm go to : 'SYSTEM MENU --> AUX1 OUT' set as 'SYS
Additional configuration for the 0-10Vdc DCV signal from the HyperStat:
- To configure the zero value go to: 'ADVANCED SETUP --> CO2ZERO' set to '400ppm'
- To configure the sensor span go to : 'ADVANCED SETUP --> CO2SPAN' set to '1600ppm'
Consult Honeywell JADE Economizer Module Model W7220 Form 63-2700—11 for installation, termination and configuration.
Configure Analog-out2 as 'DCV damper' as shown below:
Configure the following additional options as follows:
Analog-out2 at Min DCV Damper will be set to 0V
Analog-out at Max DCV Damper will be set to 10V
CO2 Damper OpeningRate will be set to 10%
CO2 Threshold will be set to a ppm level where an alert desired
CO2 Target will be set to 1000 ppm